Need a new way to cook your brussels sprouts? Try this yummy bacon and brussels sprouts skewers recipe. I like to make my meals a bit spicy so I added some Sriracha to the brussels sprouts. This dish is perfect for a side or even an appetizer. Next time I’d like to add chopped peppers and onions to the skewers.
- 1 lb. Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Pack of Thick Cut Bacon
- 1 Pack of Wooden Grilling Sticks
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Peppercorn (with grinder)
Ingredients I added to original recipe
- Sesame Seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper from preventing your skewers to stick to the pan.
- Rinse off your sprouts and chop them in half. Place them in a mixing bowl and drizzle olive oil on top. Make sure all sprouts are coated in oil. Sprinkle salt, peppercorn, Sriracha, and honey in the bowl and mix until sprouts are coated evenly with the mix.
- Next, grab your skewer and start weaving brussels sprouts with bacon. (Similar to making a kabob) I used a pack of Mr. Sprouts Brussels Sprouts from ShopRite and it made 5 skewers.
- Place skewers on baking sheet and sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Roast skewers for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is crispy.